What is the “A Base?”
The “A Base” is an officially patented, essential piece of hardware event technology invented by Turn of Events Productions. After countless years of event setups and understanding the safety concerns of installing drapery and decor above the 16’H mark, an idea was needed to rectify timely and costly setups in conjunction to catering to client needs of ceiling to floor coverage. The idea for the “A Base” came to fruition and through countless trials and revisions, the final product was tested, demonstrated and officially patented. Fabricated from the finest steel and with a sleek jet black finish, the “A Base” works with all industry standard Pipe and Base hardware while managing to only utilize a 32″ base foot print.
What does the “A Base” do?
The “A Base” works in place of the industry standard 18″ and 24″ foot print base plates. Still utilizing the upright base pin, the “A Base” is comprised of a 32″ working foot print. An industry standard base pin is simply attached to the “A Base”, the upright is inserted and the bracing support of the “A Base” takes over.
The “A Base” drastically reduces high height wobble for setups above 16’H and thus reducing your chances of a collapsed line when utilized properly*.
The “A Base” is also designed to set back from your drapery/décor line unlike conventional base plates that may appear visible at the leading bottom edges of your setup. In fact, the “A Base” set pin configuration plate is reduced by more than half the distance of center pin configurations on industry standard base plates, including both the 18″ and 24″ models.
* As with standard pipe and base setups, sandbags are required to minimize risk factors and improve safety performance. All setups are assumed on a level plane as any varying degrees of height will affect your setup integrity. Adverse weather conditions, particularly high winds, will have a significant impact on performance and should be taken into serious reconsideration before setup commencement.
What are the “A Base” benefits?
- Drapery up to 24’H without a safety to ceiling*
- Works with industry standard pipe and base hardware
- Cost and time saving alternative to truss
- Efficient setup using one person
- Compact storage for transportation ease to and from events.
*Some venue properties may require a safety cable for drapery over 16’H regardless of hardware used per in-house policy.
Where can I rent the “A Base” system for my next event?
Turn of Events is the sole proprietor, patent holder, renter and distributor of this equipment world-wide…accept no imitations! Please contact a Turn of Events representative to reserve the “A Base” System for your next event.